Sunday, January 22, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons....

As time has flown faster than I ever could of imagined it to be, I find myself finding that i haven't written on my blog since August.  A lot of things have happened since then.....Oh where to start. First off, Brayden is now 10 and a half months old. He is becoming more and more like a little boy than a baby everyday. He started crawling at 9 months and i seriously thought he would never get teeth because all the babies his age had teeth or at least a tooth by 7 months. Brayden, however, wanted to wait for Santa to bring him 2 teeth instead of getting one at a time like most babies. Well he hasn't done anything by the book since he came out, so why start now, ya know? He has started drinking a little whole milk in his bottle and loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I really am a lucky mom because he will eat almost anything.  Actually, i haven't found anything he won't eat. I mean the kid eats broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, green beans, sweet & regular potatoes, lima beans, squash, zucchini, and any kind of fruit I'll feed him. I mean how lucky can a mom get, really?? He loves Kraft mac n' cheese and pizza. I think it will be his favorite when he gets older.

What really came to a shock to us is at the end of November we found out that Santa came early, because we are expecting our second little bundle of joy. Definitely was not planned and it has honestly taken me a while to become excited about this pregnancy like I was with Brayden. We are due August 5th but I'm thinking that it'll come probably late July.  I am 12 weeks today and am thankfully feeling like a normal person again.  The pregnancy's have been pretty similar with the exception of the sickness this time came earlier on (about wk 5) and ended earlier (about wk 11). Can't tell you how thankful i am for that. I had no idea I was pregnant. I had been breastfeeding so i didn't have a period the whole time so to take a test and it say positive is an understatement to say i was shocked. I thought it was lying so i literally took 3 more tests. David is really excited. He's hoping for a little girl, but i think it's a boy. (But I also would of bet the house that Brayden was a girl, so my motherly intuition kinda sucks, so who knows.) I called David and told him during his P.E. class where he was teaching 30 1st graders so you could imagine the surprise when i told him i was pregnant. He thought i was joking and made me repeat myself like 3 different times. Since then our world has kinda been rocked. Life definitely handed us lemons and we are choosing to make lemonade out of it, which i really like lemonade so I'm excited. :o) I just think to myself, there are so many women out there that struggle getting pregnant, or aren't able to have babies and i am extremely grateful in the fact that it has happened so easily for us now twice. One of my best friends told me, "all you have to do is look at your husband and get pregnant. No fair!" So, i am blessed and i am getting more and more excited as the belly starts to grow and the legs & butt start to fatten up.

So 2012 promises to be an exciting year : another baby, Brayden turns 1, and lots more family memories for us to make. Cheers to 2012!!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment